Managing Poor Performers
Managers need to know what tools to use, and when to use them, when managing poor performers. Their goal is to ensure poor performers understand how they are doing, and work with them to get them back on track. Managers also need to understand when poor performance becomes a discipline problem and how to act accordingly.
1/2 Day Program
- Learn what constitutes poor performance.
- Understand the role of the manager in managing performance.
- Learn a 3-step model to manage poor performance
- Review tools necessary to manage performance
- What is poor performance?
- What level of performance can you expect?
- Why does poor performance persist?
- What is the role of the manager or supervisor in managing poor performance?
- Work with a 3-step model to manage poor performance
- Review Feedback, Coaching and Progressive Discipline
- Create an action plan to work with an employee who exhibits poor performance