What Are Our Top 7 Training Requests?
We’re often asked what are our most popular courses – maybe to see what we’re best at, or maybe to see what everyone else is doing. But its a valid question, so here are the most popular courses we teach.
1. Supervisory training – lots of organizations are looking to either train new supervisors, or get all of their first-line management team on the same page. Supervisory training is usually a combination of a variety of modules including motivation, delegation, communication and other basic modules.
2. Situational Leadership – this is a fundamental building block for any leader that helps them understand how to lead in situations and how to apply such skills as delegation and coaching.
3. Leadership Skills – again, a variety of different modules to get leaders on the same page, and also leading at a more strategic level. We utilize such models as Kouzes and Posner and Leadership Practices in these programs.
4. Performance Management – most of our clients struggle with managing performance. Maybe they are too nice or maybe they just want to avoid those tough conversations and hope the problem goes away, but it never does. After much turnover, our clients eventually all want to tackle the problem and learn how to manage performance effectively.
5. Hiring for Attitude – being in Alberta, it is hard to find great candidates, and even harder to retain them. We teach the skills to make better hiring choices and what can be done to keep great employees.
6. Effective Teams – building your team to be high functioning is not as hard as you think. Once they’re there, you need to put the work into keeping them there. We teach the 6 characteristics of high functioning teams – getting them there and keeping them there.
7. Project Management for the Real World – this is a staple in our training repertoire. Most of our clients are not managing multi-million dollar projects, but they still do not wing projects. This program gives our clients the base skills to plan, execute and monitor their projects in a way that is easy to integrate into their corporate culture.
Just a few of our programs, but certainly some of the bigger hits!
If you found this interesting, leave a comment or check out our other blog post below.