Do I Want to be a Manager?
What does it take to be a manager? What does it take to be a great manager? Do I really have what it takes to succeed in management, and do I really want to do that?
This program explores the skills required to succeed in management and provides participants with a hands-on experience in management. This program is an excellent choice for employees who have concentrated on the technical track within their organization and now are contemplating the move to the management stream.
2-5 Day Program
- Understanding what it takes to be a manager and how well suited to management the participant is
- Learning the basic skills managers need on a day-to-basis
- Dealing with being promoted over co-workers
- Learn coaching and feedback techniques
- Learn how to deal with difficult people and manage conflict
- Understand the effects of change and how to deal with it
- Learn how to manage your time better
- Learn how to handle stress
- Understand how you can influence people
- Presentation skills